Currently, the agency provides social services to families and individuals to include:
1) Counseling and prevention education services for youth, adults, and families
2) Short-term residential services for runaway, abused or neglected, homeless, and at-risk youth
3) Chrysalis Transitional Living Program for older youth ages 16-21
4) Crisis hotline and referral services
5) Kids Exchange/supervised visitation services.
6) Substance Abuse Prevention
Through these comprehensive services, Connections offers a safety net for “at-risk” youth. Further, the agency collaborates extensively with schools, non-profit agencies, churches, representatives of government agencies, and other youth-serving resources to foster community efforts toward:
Over the past five years, services have reached an average of 5,000 youth and families annually. The funds Connections receives directly impact the difference the agency can make.
2013 will mark our 30th year of services in our headquarter county of Comal and the New Braunfels community! Every day, our staff and volunteers work diligently in their efforts to help individuals and families through the comprehensive services we offer. While we do not have all the answers, we do know that life seems harder for our children and busier for adults. Therefore, we do not sway from our goals of:
• Having a positive impact on the lives of thousands of youth and families per year
• Spreading the word about the services Connections has available in the communities we serve
• Partnering within every served community so that Connections embodies the truest meaning of the term ‘community’
• Being the agency that comes to mind when individuals, families, organizations, business and corporations want to share their time, talent and resources
Connections appreciates your interest, and we hope that you support us in our mission of
“Strengthening communities, one youth and one family at a time”
Connections Individual and Family Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization.
Comal Community Resource Guide
Guadalupe Community Resource Guide
Portland Community Resource Guide